Pick up and return
- Minimal rental period is 3 days.
- You can pick up and drop off your car directly at Vagar Airport, Gotugjogv, or at any other place agreed prior to booking.
- If you rent a car with a pick up date within 48 hours from booking time, to be sure that the car will be ready for you, you must confirm your booking by phone or email.
- Details of picking up the car will be sent to the email address provided when making the reservation directly before picking up the car.
- You are entitle to check the technical condition of your car.
- The rental car, must be return in the same condition as received, including the cleaningness inside and outside of the car. If the cleaningness of the car is vary significantly from the original condition in which it was rented, we reserve the right to charge additional fee of 500 DKK for the car cleaning. If the interior requires washing, the cost will be determined individually based on the offer of a specialized company.
- The rental vehicle must be returned with at least the same amount of fuel. If this condition is not met, an additional fee of 200 DKK will be applied. In addition, you will also be charged for the estimated value of fuel missing from the car.
All our rental cars are insured, however in case of the accident/damage, the renter is responsible to cover the self-risk cost of 6000 DKK per each accident/damage.
- It’s possible to reduce the self-risk amount to 1500 DKK for a fee of 129 DKK per rental day (deposit reduction).
- The insurance does not cover:
- If the renter will use the car for illegal activities.
- If the driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Any damage to the interior of the car, e.g. seats, mats, etc.
- Speeding or parking tickets, toll roads, etc.
- Damages to the clutch caused by inappropriate use of manual transmission.
- Damages to the bottom of the car, caused by driving on bad roads.
Driving license and drivers
- You must hold the license for a minimum of one year, and you need to be at least 21 years old.
- There is possibility of adding additional drivers, if the above criteria are met, for additional fee of 250 DKK, this fee will be charged to your deposit. If you want to add an additional driver, just enter his details in the comment when making the reservation.
- The Renter agrees not to allow any other person to drive the vehicle, except for authorized drivers listed in the contract.
- The renter is responsible for the rental car and is not permitted to allow any other person to drive the vehicle, except for those authorized and listed in the rental agreement.
- There are three sub-sea tunnels in the Faroe Islands. There is an automatic plates recognition system, that reads the license plate number and sends the bill afterwards. We will make these payments for you, so please DO NOT pay the charge yourself. All you need to do, is to let us know, that you have used the tunnels when you drop off your car. If you made the payments, unfortunately this will not be refunded.
- The Norðoya and Vága sub-sea tunnels crossing costs 100 DKK, back and forth. This will be subtracted from your deposit. There is also, an option off one-off payment of 390 DKK, for which, you can have an unlimited access to both of these tunnels. Purchase of a subscription is possible only when making a reservation.
- The new Eysturoy tunnel is not included in the unlimited sub-sea tunnel option and it will be charged extra. The price for one way trip is: Strendur-Rokin 125 DKK, Eysturoy-Streymoy 175 DKK and this will be subtracted from your deposit.
- In the unfortunate event of an accident, the renter is obliged to pay the self-risk amount. In the case where cost of repair is less then self-risk, you will have an option to pay for the repair costs instead of the self-risk amount.
- The cost of the repair will be estimated on the basis of a calculation made in a system designed for costing car repairs by a professional repair shop indicated by GLH.
- If the renter is not responsible for the accident, a written confirmation from the counter-part must be obtained and submitted. All material damages must be reported to the police, phone +298 351448. You are also oblige, to notify us immediately about the accident/damage under the number +298 727 033.
- If the car is damaged in a way that prevents its further use during the rental period, GLH will try to provide another car. Another car is available only if any car is available in GLH during the rental period.
- The renter is obliged to cover the costs of repairing minor operational damages, such as repairing the wheel in case of its damage, purchase of a repair spray for the wheel, etc.
Cancellation and change
- More than 48 hours before pick up, 600 DKK cancellation fee. The fee is reduced to 400 DKK if you have to cancel your arrival due to COVID-19.
- Less than 48 hours before pick up, non-refundable.
- Changing car or dates is free. However, we cannot guarantee that we will have the cars available.
- If your trip does not take place due to COVID-19, you can reschedule your booking free of charge at any time. You can also cancel your booking at any time for a fee of 400 DKK.
- When you rent a car, we require a deposit 6000 DKK, if reduction of self risk (deposit reduction) is selected, the deposit is reduced to the amount of 1500 DKK.
- The deposit is in addition to the rental price and not as a part of it. The amount of the deposit is not debited from the card, which means that the payment card is not charged to. The amount remains at GLH disposal, this gives us the possibility to subtract the fee for any additional sub-sea tunnels trips, a car returned without a full tank, parking tickets, and any possible damages to the car.
- If a deposit amount has not been established on the card at the time of booking, it will be done prior to picking up the car via the payment link.
- We send the settlement of the deposit 10 working days after returning the car.
Credit card information
- When you make a payment on Cars Rental (FA GLH), all credit card information is handled by QuickPay, which is a secure electronic payment method for Visa and MasterCard/Eurocard. All card information is handled in concordance with the credit card organizations rules.
Payment and refund
- When making a reservation, we require payment, by making the payment you confirm that you have read the terms and accept them.
- Refunds are made within 10 days. The exact time of crediting the funds to the account depends on the bank and the customer's card operator.
- We always charge and refund amounts in DKK, the exact amounts and exchange rates in your currency are dependent on your card provider.
- Making a payment means accepting the condition.
- Smoking in the rental vehicle is not permitted.
- The renter is responsible for parking tickets or speed tickets.
- The renter, agrees to use the vehicle only for legal purposes (personal or business). The renter is obliged to follow all country, city, and government rules and restrictions regarding use and operation of the car.
- The renter understands that the vehicle is for use only in Faroe Islands and cannot be taken to any other country.
- The renter agrees to release the owner from any damages, injuries, property loss, or death caused while the renter operates the vehicle. The renter will be held accountable, for any damages or cleaning fees sustained while renting the vehicle. The renter have the opportunity to inspect the vehicle before the renting term begins and confirm that it is in good operable condition.
- All offers and repair costs will be settled with VAT.
- Offers and calculations requiring specialized programs will be performed in the languages used on Faroes mostly Danish or Faroese.
- Please remember to review all the terms and conditions when you book, which include everything you need to know before your journey.
Here are some general information, when you rent a car in Faroe Islands
- The roads in Faroe Islands are in good conditions, but some of the roads are narrow and difficult to drive. The weather can be challenging and it has potential to change rapidly from sun to rain and it can get extremely foggy and windy at times. So please keep this in mind while driving and choose a safe speed levels according to the conditions.
- Here you have some movie about roads rules on Faroe Islands https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K4nkJYS--o
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in built-up areas and 80 km/h in non-built-up areas.
- All passengers are required to use seat belts.
- Drivers are obliged to use headlights at all times, day and night.
- Talking on a mobile phone and driving under the influence of alcohol are strongly prohibited.
- Parking in some of the cities and at the airport is paid at designated places. Parking discs, is displayed in the right-hand bottom corner of the front windscreen, must show the time you parked your car. Parking violations will incur a fine of 500 DKK plus administration fee 200 DKK.
GLH Cars Rental (Fa GLH) treats all personal data in concordance with The Danish Act on Processing of Personal Data.
Fa GLH (GLH Cars Rental)
V-tal 641154 Brattagøta 6
- Phone number: +298 727 033
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org